Hope youve all been doing well, I’ve been good. We are going into winter here in Australia and we have had a good glimpse of how cold its going to get! In saying that, Winter is the season that you need to pay extra attention to your skin by keeping it hydrated, my skin type is combination or oily and dry, however, in Winter I am dry AF! For the past 3 months I have been trying a product which I have been excited to share with you all!
Lactic Acid! woah! talk about a game changer in my skin care routine!! It started when i wanted to try another item by The Ordinary. I already use the 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Oil and love it, I had heard about the Lactic Acid serum by The Ordinary and the astounding results people were having that I needed to try it for myself!
WHAT IS LACTIC ACID
Lactic Acid is a type of Alpha Hydroxy acid, commonly found in milk and fruit. Alpha Hydroxy is used in skin care products and can be found in peels and treatments, the most popular being the Glycolic Peel.
There are 5 Types of Alpha Hydroxy acids
1. Glycolic Acid which is derived from sugar cane
2. Lactic Acid which derived from milk
3. Citric Acid which is derived from citrus fruits such as oranges or lemons
4. Malic Acid which is derived from apples and pears
5. Tartaric Acid which is derived from grapes
FUN FACT: You may recall seeing pictures of Cleopatra bathing in milk, she did this to make her skin feel softer from the Lactic Acid in the milk.
HOW USING LACTIC ACID WORKS ON YOUR SKIN
1. Aids with keeping the skin moisturised.
2. Using Lactic Acid regularly can improve signs of ageing.
3. Stimulates collagen renewal
4. Improves your skin texture leaving your face feeling soft and smooth.
5. Can fade hyper pigmentation such as sun spots or age spots.
6. Can fade fine lines
7. Reduces oiliness, breakouts and clogged pores
MY EXPERIENCE USING LACTIC ACID
I have been using Lactic Acid for around 3 months now and the results are astonishing. I have definitely noticed my skin is more moist, plump and supple. I have noticed that some of my fine lines have faded drastically. When I use the The Ordinary – Lactic Acid 10% + HA The product goes on as a water like consistency and feels like velvet on your face. Even once the product is washed off the next day, my skin is glowing and as smooth as velvet. I absolutely love this affordable little gem of a product. I love it so much, I have my friends and family hooked on it as well.
THINGS TO KNOW WHILE USING LACTIC ACID
• Using Lactic Acid can make your skin sensitive to the sun so use a SPF 50 for protection.
• If you notice any of the following persistent reactions, wash the product off and consult your Dr:
• Itchy Skin
There it is! The new addition to my holy grail products. I would love to hear from you, do you have any questions? Do you use Lactic Acid? How do you feel ambos it the product? Leave your comments below!!
Until next time, keep safe and be kind to yourselves (and others)
Love Mary-Vivian xx